The photographs in the blog Nomad is Beautiful are taken mostly by Gianni (unless otherwise specified). He has been a photographer for almost 20 years and you can see more of his work on his instagram account.
Gianni’s philosophy is that the beauty and marvels that we see on our journey should be spread with his photographs virtually, everywhere, through the Internet.
Some amazing travel photographers have inspired him, so he tries to inspire other people. For this reason he is happy to set the licensing policies so you can use his images for free under certain conditions or, in other case, use them for your business projects.
He allows the use of his images in two ways:
1. Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
• To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
• To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
• Attribution: Attribution to ‘Gianni Bianchini’ and the website ‘giannib.com‘ must be made along with the image.
• Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Sample Accepted Uses of the Creative Commons License:
• Blog post describing a trip in Asia
• Travel or photography articles online
• Social network posts
• A website for a school project
• An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
2. License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by us. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. My fees are based on the following criteria:
• Media – print, web, television, etc.
• Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
• Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
• Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: [email protected]
Sample Uses Requiring a License to Copyright:
• A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
• A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
• A background image for a commercial website
• License to create an individual print for use in a private home
Thanks to Trey Ratcliff for allowing the use of this text.