Egypt is one of the most-visited countries globally, and now it’s more than easy for tourists to explore this fascinating country because of the Egypt e-Visa program!
Why do people visit Egypt?
Egypt is considered to be one of the most mysterious places in the world due to the ancient Egyptian tombs, pyramids, and the advanced technologies that were used to build them, which are still unknown to modern explorers.
However, it rests peacefully along the bluish crocodile-filled Nile River that dates back to 2500 BC, offers its visitors much to learn about Egypt’s history, traditions and culture.
What is an Egypt e-Visa?
An Egypt e-Visa is an electronic entry permit issued by the Egyptian government for tourists and people who want to visit Egypt.
The entire process is less time-consuming when compared to the other countries, and you can even apply for an e-Visa in as little as 7 days in advance of the travel to get approved for the entry! Use your phone, laptop, PC, or any other device to submit your application online on https://evisa.express/en/egypt
There are two different types of e-Visas in Egypt. Both of these visas can be used for either business or tourist purposes.
- Single-entry e-Visa:
For anyone who visits Egypt for a 30-day stay. It is valid for a total of 90 days from the date of issue.
- Multiple-entry e-Visa:
This, too, can be applied by anyone who visits Egypt for a 30-day stay. It is valid for a total of 180 days from the date of issue, and tourists can enter and exit Egypt many times as they wish during this validity period of six months.
It is to be noted that no matter what type of e-Visa you have applied for, it is compulsory to have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the date of arrival to Egypt.
Also, if your passport number changes due to an update, your visa will be invalid. You need to apply for a new e-Visa when returning to Egypt.
Who can apply for an Egypt e-Visa?
As of now, tourists coming from more than 45 countries are eligible to apply for an e-Visa for Egypt.
This includes countries like the United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada, Australia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Albania, Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Russia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, and much more.
How can I apply for an Egypt e-Visa?
Applying for an Egypt e-Visa is a simple process, and it will take only a few minutes.
- Complete the online application form. Provide your personal details, passport details, and email address.
- Cover the Egypt e-Visa fees, which will be either 69 or 99 Euros depending on the type you applied for.
- Check if you have received a confirmation number and look out for the approved electronic visa (available in PDF form) in your inbox.
The applicants must fulfill the following requirements to submit this online visa application:
- A digital photo of the applicant’s bio page of the passport.
- Applicant’s face photo can also be taken through a phone/PC camera.
- Business travelers should have a letter of invitation from the Egyptian company they will be working with.
- Family visitors should have a letter of invitation from the family that they plan to visit.
Pack & travel:
- Best Travel Backpack: A Detailed Guide
- Tortuga Setout Backpack: A Detailed Review
- Tep Wireless Review: a Portable WiFi Hotspot For Travelers
- Best Camera for Travel Photography
- Best Camera Lenses for Travel Photography: Tips For Your Next Trip
- You have to have a printed copy of your Egypt e-Visa (can be black-and-white) before entering Egypt.
- Children visiting Egypt will also require an e-Visa for Egypt.
- Citizens of France, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, and Italy won’t be needing a passport; a valid ID card will be enough for the application process and entry permit.
What are the attractions to try in Egypt?
Your first stop in Egypt should be the capital Cairo, which holds the legacy of the Muslim community in the country. There are many historical monuments as well packed in these busy streets.
If you want to do some shopping in Egypt, look no further than Cairo. It has hundreds of shopping spots, boutiques, and street stalls where you can buy Egyptian textiles, silk, souvenirs, and much more.
You can also visit the Al-Azhar Mosque and the Sultan Hassan Mosque to admire their stunning architectural styles and go to the top of the Bab Zuweila Medieval Gate to witness some breathtaking views of the city.
If you are here to do some historical tours, the first stop should be the Luxor’s Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings. This destination is ancient Thebes filled with colorful paintings, old tombs, and colossal statues, which still manages to fascinate the minds of historians worldwide.
You can also visit the Pyramids of Giza, one of the ancient world wonders still having a question mark on how they built because even modern technology cannot build such exquisite structures.
But that is not all. In the Eastern side of the country lie two luxurious tourist resorts of Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh. Don’t forget to check out the lovely beaches of the South Sinai region, where the Sharm el-Sheikh resort is located.
These resorts allow its visitors to spend the time ideally by relaxing at a beach, enjoying the Mediterranean cuisine, or engaging in adventurous activities like scuba diving and cruising in the Nile River.
You can discover the shipwrecks in the Red Sea, one of the most famous being that of Thistlegorm, an English WWII cargo ship bombed by the Germans in 1941.
Cruising can be arranged in the Nile River, and you can visit the Temple of Kom Ombo and Edfu’s Temple of Horus, which is located in the final destination of these cruise boats.
- Train Travel in Europe with Interrail
- Hiking in Portugal: Some of the Best Trails
- Cycling In Costa Brava: All You Need To Know To Plan Your Trip
- Things to Do in Frankfurt: Explore the City Like a Local
- Where to Stay in Frankfurt am Main: The Best Hotels and Neighborhoods
Getting the e-Visa for Egypt is not difficult as it involves a 3-step process of completing the online application form, covering the Egypt e-Visa fees, and checking for the approved electronic visa in your inbox.
Tourists coming from more than 45 countries are eligible for applying for an e-Visa, and there are two types of Egypt e-Visas to meet your requirements. Therefore, you can visit all those marvelous attractions and enjoy your Egyptian trip to the fullest!